Chapter Philanthropy and Service
All of the philanthropy events we organize benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. 100% of the money we raise goes directly to St. Jude!
- Each year in the spring, our chapter organizes a unique philanthropy event, Cajun for a Cure. We invite other Greek organizations on campus and the entire Spring Hill community to join us for delicious cajun food, including crawfish, chargrilled oysters, and jambalaya, which are donated by sponsors. We also offer raffle prizes from local shops in Mobile and live music.
- We recently brought DHOP (Delta House of Pancakes) to campus in which we served pancakes with delicious toppings during Family Weekend on the Hill!
- We also incorporate a national fundraising event called Sincerely Yours letter writing. In the Spring of 2017, we extended Sincerely Yours to others in our campus community by offering free donuts to those who donated an address that we could use when writing letters. When we gathered to write the letters, our philanthropy chair surprised us with free snowballs and pizza!
- Each year, we also participate in the local St. Jude walk/run!
- Some past philanthropy events that we have done include:
- Cleat up for Cancer
- Flag Down Cancer
- Singing and Winging